Saturday, August 23, 2014

The stillness of the night

With five boys in the house it is very rare to have stillness. These precious boys are constantly moving and even at night someone always seems awake. Tonight has been different. Mama has been awake not just that I'm awake lets go back to sleep but the I can't even close my eyes.I have been wide awake praying and seeking. We heard back from St. Jude today and brain surgery is scheduled for Sept. 9th.

Brain surgery. My two year old is having brain surgery.

I still can't wrap my mind around it. I'm sitting here watching the sun come up and writing a blog. I don't blog. I'm the one to read about other people and pray for them. I pray for all the hurting Mothers who are going through unbearable times, but here I am. Here I am with this storm brewing.  The storm has been brewing for a while  and today it started to rain. The good thing about storms is they end and the sun shines again. We know that the sun will shine on the streets of Jerusalem.

I can't help, but be thankful. Tzadok is having brain surgery and yes he will need to endure six weeks of radiation, but his survival rate is high. Right. They say 80-90% . I know women that hear their children have little to no chance. So yes I'm thankful. As I have been laying here awake all night praying and pondering I realized that none of us never have a 100%. I have always known it but now it just seems more action than words now. It's one thing to say it and another to live it.  Our hope is not in this world and never will be. Our hope and faith lay in something much greater than our minds can comprehend.

I'm sure there will be very little sleep over the next few months. I'm sure I will see many sunrises and I'm going to be thankful for every one of them. I'm choosing to praise the Father everyday for the movements of the day and the stillness of the nights.

Please continue to pray for our little warrior who has a very physical battle he must fight. We know the LORD goes before him.

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. This song came to mind. I pray that HE is calming your child while the storm is about him. Praying for all of you! May Yahweh bless you and keep you and make HIS face to shine upon you AND give you peace!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpi1gYlPqeM

    ReplyDelete